About a life devoted to the love for Folklore, Mythology, Legends and.....Art

Friday, August 27, 2010

Book Update!


It has been a while since I have spoken with you all about the Tell me a story - project. I know some of you might even have had doubts if the book was ever going to be published.
But I can assure you all the book is now almost finnished and we are very close to the publishing date.

I probably don't need to tell you that self-publishing is a lot of work if done properly and of course I wanted to do it properly. That is why I decided not to do it all on my own, instead I have been working with several people: proofreaders, editors and a most talented graphic designer. For the last couple of months we have all been working extremely hard. All texts were edited twice, after this process a couple of people have been proofreading the texts several times. While in the meantime designs for the cover and inside pages were made. The above image is just a sneakpeek of the hardcover design we are working on and beneath you can see the title page of the book. To make the whole project complete we are also working on a paperback version, for which we created a whole other design.


Albeit it has taken all of us lots and lots of work to create two beautiful books on which we all can be proud of. Still there are some minor things which need to be done but soon, very soon I will be able to show you the book; Tell me a story!

(Those of you who have participated in the project will receive an email from me within the week in which you can read your own (edited) piece once more before it will be published in the book.)











No comments:

Post a Comment